Why Running Made Easy is the best learn to run course
Since 2009 Running Made Easy has inspired thousands of complete beginners to get active and start running. Many participants call this the best fitness class they’ve ever attended and the best thing they’ve done for themselves. We’re confident that, like thousands of our previous participants, you too will find this course life-changing!
Here are just 4 reasons why Running Made Easy is the best fitness class for beginner women.
1. We prioritise enjoyment
Our classes are all about enjoyment and feeling good about yourself – every step of the way, not just after the class.
Learning to enjoy exercise is the key to long-term success because when you enjoy it, you will naturally want to do it regularly so it becomes easy to keep it up and achieve results!
2. We have a Feel Good Fitness Mindset
We say no to toxic diet culture and torturing ourselves with punishing exercise regimes in order to improve the way our bodies look. We say yes to accepting our bodies the way they are and exercising because we want to take good care of our bodies and feel good! While a diet mindset focuses on the way the body looks, with our Feel Good Mindset we focus on how our bodies feel. When exercise feels good, it becomes a treat, not a punishment and physical results will naturally follow!
3. Running Made Easy is developed for women, by women
Weknow how women feel coming to class, feeling totally unfit and we’ve developed Running Made Easy with this in mind. We understand the emotional battle that many women have with their bodies and fitness – it is our goal to help you overcome this and help you realise that you are good enough and that you can enjoy moving your body!
4. Our instructors
Many of our instructors have gone from couch potatoes to qualified fitness instructors themselves and all our instructors are passionate about working with, and inspiring, beginners. Our instructors also receive special training in working with complete beginners. They understand how hard it is to get started and how nervous you are coming to your first class. They’re able to relate to you and are hence better able to inspire you to transform your life, so you can rest assured that you are in super safe hands!
5. Running Made Easy is comprehensive
You will learn everything you need to know about running and fitness. Not only do you learn a lot in class, but you also get weekly emails that are packed with information and you also have access to support via WhatsApp or email whenever you have a question.
Run with Tina's Philosophy
We reject toxic diet mentality & fitness industry fads that see exercise only as a weight loss/body transformation tool and force women to push themselves with punishing workouts in pursuit of the perfect body.
Our philosophy is Feel Good Fitness. We believe that exercise should always feel good - if it doesn’t, you’re doing it wrong. Everyone is good enough and with the right mindset and programme, everyone can enjoy exercise no matter how unfit they are.
In the space of a couple of months Run with Tina has turned me from a person that could find any excuse under the sun not to exercise into someone who looks forward to going for a 5km run three times a week! Our instructor offers brilliant support & encouragement to beginners that in no time at all you’ll be amazed that you can run so far in such a short space of time!
Who is Running Made Easy for?
- This course is especially designed for complete couch potatoes!
- No experience needed!
- Anyone who wants to learn to enjoy exercise in an inclusive, non-competitive class
- All our classes are for women only
- You must be at least 18 years old, injury-free and in good general health to take part
How does it work?
- We use a gentle walk-run method starting with more walking than running. Our pace is slow!
- Small classes of max 20 people allow our instructors to make sure no one falls behind and everyone receives plenty of individual support
- Our aim is to have everyone leave each class feeling good about themselves – exercise should be enjoyed!
What will you learn?
- How to make running easy; building up from 0 to 30min
- Injury prevention, including warming up & cooling down
- Proper breathing techniques that make running easier
- Good posture & technique
- Learn to enjoy exercise/moving your body – it’s all about the right approach and mindset. A slow start is the key and good company helps a lot too!
- Improve your mindset – from a diet mentality where exercise is only about weight loss/changing your body towards a Feel Good Mindset where exercise is about feeling good now, both physically and mentally.
- Improve your body awareness (helps you enjoy running more and prevent injuries!)
- Tonnes of training advice on pacing, gait, gear, training schedule etc – everything you need to know about running
What results can you expect?
- Get fit (goodbye couch!)
- You’ll be able to run for 30 minutes by the end of the 8 weeks (so you’re ready for your first 5k!)
- Improve your mindset & relationship with exercise
- Improved mental health – running outdoors helps alleviate symptoms of depression, anxiety and stress
- Improved health – running can help prevent many health conditions such as osteoporosis, heart disease, blood pressure and many more!
- Possible weight loss – together with a good diet, running can lead to weight loss
- Participants also report a significant improvement in their confidence and self-esteem, feeling better about their bodies and enjoying life more
- Make new friends for life!
OUR RUNNING MADE EASY VENUES
Classes start in March 2023! Check out our Phoenix Park schedule below!
Classes coming soon – we are currently looking for new instructors in Limerick!
Classes coming soon – we are currently looking for new instructors in Cork!
….the breathing and the stretching have made all the difference… It doesn’t matter what age you are….I’m 44 and am thoroughly enjoying the camaraderie and the running…Our instructor keeps a watchful eye on your posture and gives us good advice and positive feedback.
I was quite unfit and had little motivation to change before I joined Run with Tina. I was apprehensive that the class would be full of super fit people but there was no need for me to worry. The teaching method is great and it makes you actually enjoy running. One year on and I’m still keeping it up!
Our mission is to inspire women to get off the couch in a way that feels good and makes them happy. We want to help women overcome diet mentality, help repair the damage done by diet culture and empower women to transform their relationship with exercise and their bodies with Feel Good Fitness.
Details: The course is 8 weeks, twice a week/16 classes. Each class is 45 minutes.
Cost: €96 (€6/class)
Venues: Exact meeting point details will be emailed to registered participants 24hrs before course starts
Drop-ins: We cannot accept drop-ins as we have a limited number of places (20) on each course.
All courses are for women only
Important: You must be in good health to take part. We presume that you have had a recent doctor’s check-up and have no injuries. All participants must sign a waiver before taking part.
Payments: Courses must be paid in full in advance to secure your place.
PayPal: If you cannot pay by PayPal, please contact us
Refund policy: For a full refund, you must cancel 24hrs before your course starts. No refunds or transfers can be given for missed classes – please make sure you’re in good health, injury free and have the time to attend classes before you sign up!
Age: You must be 18+ to participate. Children 15+ can take part with a parent/guardian.
Advance booking is necessary as we only have limited places on each course.
3 more reasons why Running Made Easy works!
1. We really make running as easy as possible!
One of the most common reasons why beginners give up running is because they find it too hard. This is because they try to do too much too soon. You have to be patient and allow yourself to be a beginner. We teach you how to start without burning yourself out and in a way that feels good.
2. Learn to slow down
Another reason why beginners find running so hard is that they go too fast. We’ll teach you how to pace yourself, and start slowly – learning to run slowly is a skill you have to learn if you want to become a runner.
3. Prevent injuries
Beginner runners injure themselves easily because they fail to warm up and cool down properly, over-train (ie do too much too soon), run with poor technique or lack body awareness and miss the first signs of injuries. We’ll teach you how to prevent injuries so that you can enjoy running pain-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
I had a baby recently, can I take part in this course?
You should wait a minimum of 12 weeks after natural birth and 6 months after a c-section before starting running. Walking is a great, safe way to start after pregnancy - as long as you have the all clear to exercise from your doctor, you can start walking. We recommend before taking up running, you do some post-natal pilates to build up your core strength and stability in order to prevent lower back and hip pain/injuries (which are common postnatally).
Can I take this course while pregnant?
No. Our classes are not suitable during pregnancy.
I suffer from shin splints or another injury/ache, can I join?
If you already suffer with shin splints or any other injury/ache or pain, it is advisable to take care of that first as running is only going to make it worse. The best thing to do is go to a physio for advice and treatment. After an injury, it's best to start slowly to avoid re-injury so we recommend you start with WalkFit
I am overweight, can I join?
Yes of course!! You can join Running Made Easy as long as you are healthy, have no injuries and your doctor is happy for you to do weight bearing exercise. If weight bearing exercise is too much for your joints, it's best to start with WalkFit.
What is your refund policy?
For full refund, you must cancel 24hrs before your course starts. No refunds will be given once your course has commenced. All online product purchases are final.
Don't Be Shy
If we didn’t answer all of your questions, feel free to drop us a line anytime.